Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday: The "Monster"

What, you ask, is the "Monster?" It may not be terrifying but it's close. A book proposal. Yes, that is the monster I'm facing daily. It's been an interesting journey so far. In the past week, I've primarily worked on completing some sample chapters, outlining and refining the book's message. As I've mentioned before, writing book length nonfiction is a stretch for me since I'm accustomed to writing fiction.


I suppose it's a little different with this book because of the personal nature. It's not a memoir but there is a lot of my family's story through liver disease and transplant included. In fact, it was the impetus for the book. I find it easy and difficult at the same time. The challenge is to craft a great story, not just our story.


Have you labored through the book proposal process before? Could you describe the experience? Do you find such things exhilarating or monotonous?

No comments:

Post a Comment