Wednesday, September 12, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Query Time!

Yes, you read that right. It's FINALLY query time for Sarah's story. Book proposals are a lot of work, as any writer whose drafted one knows full well. Time consuming, infuriating, challenging and perhaps, in the end (especially if you land a book deal), satisfying. I'll let you know if the sense of satisfaction ever lands here.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the proposal, then sending it and my sample chapters off to my first list of agents and editors. While I won't be reporting on the results, I will be writing about the process, how much I learned, what I can take ahead into other projects, and how it's really made me think about the writing process. 

Once I press SEND on those emails, it's on to the next project. But what will that be? Another nonfiction book? The next novel? I should note here that I plan on querying MDK not far behind. It should provide some entertainment for my fall season.

Are you querying or sending proposals out right now? Have you already done so? Are you receiving helpful feedback, if not a book deal? I'd love to hear your news.

No comments:

Post a Comment