Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Juggling Multiple Projects

What do you do when you have multiple writing projects vying for your time? Do you consciously set personal deadlines for your work? These are just two questions I'd like you to consider this week.

As I'm still a pre-published author, I've found it necessary to start marking deadlines to complete revisions for my novels. I'm also mapping out completion dates for my articles and essays so I can have something out on submission at all times. For me, this is key to prevent what I term incompletion madness. I have no problem starting a new project, but the finishing part? That's another thing entirely. It stands as another form of accountability to keep me on track, improve my craft and generally move forward in my writing career. For that it what I want: a career. I'm in this for the long haul and I plan to treat it as another "job" whether or not I see fruits of my labor in the immediate future.

So, off I go to do what else but write?

No comments:

Post a Comment