Monday, April 9, 2012

Conference Time...and Interviews on the Horizon


Spring is in the air and that means conference season is underway. No matter where you are in the United States, chances are there is some kind of writing conference nearby. Conferences come in all shapes and sizes: very small (100 writers) to very large (several thousand). There seems to be one for almost every taste and genre.

Locally here in Washington state, the Whidbey Island Writers’ Conference started things off in March. I was unable to attend this year but hope to again in the near future. I had the pleasure to hear Andrea Brown in person last year and that was worth the price of admission alone.

My first conference of 2012 is the western Washington SCBWI April 20-22. There are is a pretty amazing lineup include Susan Chang from TOR Books, agent Jennie Bent and others. I’m excited to be attending for my third year in a row and hoping this might be time for a breakthrough.

Exciting things are also upcoming for the blog. This week, I begin a series of interviews with authors, editors and agents. First up to bat is C. Hope Clark of Funds for Writers and author of Lowcountry Bribe. Please join me here tomorrow as Hope shares from her experience and offers advice for writers across the spectrum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment