Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What’s Cookin’ in My Brain This Week? A.K.A. WIP Wednesday


Ah, Spring Break. It’s refreshing to spend some extra time with the family this week. I took time off from work for just that, and to do some writing as well. So far, I’m not exactly meeting my goal for the latter but definitely enjoying the former. We’ve even been blessed with a few days of sunshine. Spring has bloomed in a lot of places, but the Pacific Northwest is not one of them.

I did finish a short essay for a family magazine column about special-needs parents and submitted it! Yes, I actually pressed SEND. It’s been awhile since that has happened. Next up: complete my novel revision and begin querying. I had hoped to have my revisions ready by the SCBWI conference this month but that won’t happen. Still, I’m excited about the story and sharing it in my one-on-one at the conference. I have several people reading the story now and am confident the feedback will propel me forward in a good way.

My first “duck club” story is nearly finished and ready to edit. I’m not sure where I want to send that yet but there seem to be a lot of options, especially since there are now a ton of print and online “old time memories” type of magazines.

On the burner for the next month is the first three chapters and book proposal for my nonfiction book. I hope to have that ready before the Writers’ Renewal conference in May.

How about you? What’s on your plate this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment